Before you get started designing your store, take some time to check out the
colors, layouts, and styles used by other artists.
You'll likely find some that appeal to you, giving you ideas for your store. You can change the design of your store at anytime, so don't worry about getting it perfect initially. All stores are composed of rectangular areas called MODULES.
Here is the list of Modules:
- Header - An optional space at the top of every store, full page width, meant for a store banner image or logo and some introductory text
- Wide Column - can be located to the left or to the right; approximately 760p wide
- Welcome - An optional module usually located at the top of the wide column as a place to add a welcome text message to store visitors
- Featured Products - An optional module where up you can feature up to 15 of your cards
- Product Gallery - This module will be where all of your public cards will be presented
- Testimonials - An optional module where visitors can post a testimonial about your store, cards, or service. You have the ability to Approve, Reject, or Delete testimonials
- Tell a Friend - An optional module where visitors can send a link to you store to their friends
- Contact Us - An optional module where visitors can contact you directly with questions, comments, or special requests
- Sidebar - A space located either side of the store; approximately 205p wide
- Special Promotions - An optional module that displays promotional codes currently offered by GCU
- Search - This module is standard and allows visitors to search your store
- Celebrity Birthdays - An optional module that lists upcoming Celebrity Birthdays
- Upcoming Holidays - An optional module that lists upcoming Holidays from the GCU Master Holiday list
- Artist Profile - An optional module that allows you to show an Artist image or logo, your name or business name, your bio, and a list of interests - each being optional.
- Private Gallery - An optional module that provides visitors access to cards you have designed for private sales. These cards are not in the search database but they can be purchased by anyone.
- Keywords - An optional module that lists a subset of the keywords you've added to your card offerings.
- Bulletin - An optional module that allows you to post regular messages to your visitors, perhaps to announce new cards you have added.
- Social Networking - An optional module that allows people to Tweet and Facebook Like your store. The default for this module is enabled.
Artists can reposition these modules as they chose within their respective groups (wide column or sidebar). Find a store that has a nice selection and arrangement of modules. That process will help you with your store design decisions that you will make below.
Remember, store module selections and layouts can be changed at anytime, and the changes are reflected immediately once saved. Have fun with it!
Step by Step Store Set-up
Here is the order that store setup will be discussed:
- Step 1. Enter all the information needed for the various modules you want to enable
- Step 2. Enable and organize the modules
- Step 3. Specify store colors
- Step 4. Final adjustments if any
- Step 5. Related Information