Welcome to the GCU Wiki
Thanks to our growing community of artists (3,000+), Greeting Card Universe (GCU) has quickly become the world's largest online source for unique and hard to find paper greeting cards. With over 600,000 card designs, GCU has just about any card a shopper could want, and if we don't, shoppers can request a new design and our artist community will create some for their consideration within approximately 48 hours. With your help, GCU is well on the way to revolutionizing the paper greeting card industry.
About the GCU Artists' Wiki
This GCU Artists' wiki is a reference guide for artists creating greeting cards to sell at Greeting Card Universe. We have included sections covering account set-up, store set-up, card creating, and administrative features. Although some of of this information is found on the GCU site and discussed routinely in the GCU forum, this wiki is the primary set of GCU artists' guidelines.
WHAT IT IS NOT: This wiki is not the place to ask technical, usage, or account questions. Please refer to the GCU Forum Support, Feedback, and Artist Chatter sections as needed. If you need to contact us for individual reasons, such as an earnings issue, please use the GCU Contact us page. If you have feedback on this wiki, you can simply send us an email.
Below are several videos from our artists.
Holiday Store Fronts
Snowmen on Parade
A message from one of our artists
- Updated Adult Content Guidelines in FAQs and Here. (February 24, 2014)
- Added NYC Marathon to Intellectual Property (Jan 31, 2014)
- Modified the Artist commission Table here. (Oct 2, 2013)
- Added Conduct Link to Rules page (Sept 6, 2013)
- Intellectual Property updates and added Series Concept Review (Aug 26, 2013)
- Updates based on new card prices and commission rates. (July 2, 2013)
- Added Airstream Trademark to Intellectual Property (May 31 2013)
- Added Play doh and Toronta CN Tower under Intellectual Property (Apr 12 2013)
- Added Frankenstein Copyright Intellectual Property (Mar 25 2013)
- Added the Card Submission 101 document to several pages (Jan 22, 2013)
- Clarified the Specific & General Categories in Image Guidelines (Jan 22, 2013)
- Added Financial liability for the Waiving Reviews (Jan 20, 2013)
- Removed Featured Artist on the FAQ page (Jan 16, 2013)
- Modified Card Review time on the FAQ and Approvals pages (Jan 12, 2013)
- Added Brushes under Intellectual Property (Jan 6 2013)
- Added Wizard of Oz under Intellectual Property (Dec 22 2012)
- Added Phil and Punxsutawney Phil under Intellectual Property (Dec 21 2012)
- Added Frosty copyright under Intellectual Property (Dec 20 2012)
- Added Emily Dickinson copyright under Intellectual Property (May 2, 2012)
- Added Bible/Scripture guideline under Intellectual Property (April 8, 2012)
- Added a Pinterest page under Selling (April 8, 2012)
- Added Star Submitter Status information (April 8, 2012)
- Added Scrabble to Intellectual Property (April 5, 2012)
- Added new Intellectual Property note on Olympics 2012 (Feb 15, 2012)
- Added new video on Forum notifications and searches (Jan 29, 2012)
- Added a page on Submission Guidelines (Jan 6, 2012)
- Added a Submission Guidelines PDF Document (Jan 6, 2012)
Do you Twitter?
Do you Twitter?
This box is set up to show the flow of GCU artists' tweets in real-time. To have your tweets added you need to follow GCUWIKI on Twitter. Upon review, your tweet-feed will be added.
We are mainly looking for artists who tweet about their cards and who don't tweet so often that they dominate the information flow.